People with the following sports injuries can be seen visiting Melville Wellness Centre for treatment and advice. We have been helping the people of Perth with their health care needs for over 20 years:
- Muscle Strains / Tears
- Ligament Sprains
- Impingement Syndrome
- Labral Tears
- Bicipital Tendonitis
- Frozen Shoulder / Adhesive Capsulitis
What is a Sport Chiropractor?
Chiropractic is used by top professional players in sports as diverse as golf, tennis and football. Competitors from ESPN’s X Games, volleyball, surfing, rowing, running, cycling, sailing, weightlifting, handball and more are Chiropractic care enthusiasts.
In addition to serving athletes at the World Games 2009 in Kaohsiung, Taiwan, for the first time in Olympic history, Chiropractic care was fully integrated in caring for athletes at the 2010 Winter
Olympics games in Vancouver.
Why is chiropractic so popular among athletes? Two reasons:
- Chiropractic helps improve and enhance athletic performance.
- Chiropractic helps keep athletes on the field and may prevent minor injuries from becoming major ones
You don’t have to be an Olympiad, a professional athlete or a “serious” athlete to benefit from Chiropractic care. Australians suffer from thousands of sports-related injuries each year and everyone with such an injury should be seen by a trained health practitioner, such as a Chiropractor. Even kinder, gentler sports can also create damage from repetitive overuse / micro-trauma, rather than one instance of major trauma. For example, over-gripping tennis racquets and golf clubs, incorrect walking or running patterns, and repetitive jumping sports such as volleyball.
Need a Sport Chiropractor?
Melville Wellness Centre has Chiropractors that are specifically trained in treating and managing sporting injuries. Many doctors of Chiropractic get involved with their local football and cricket teams; at professional, neighbourhood and school levels. Why not ask your chiropractor if he or she might be interested in providing Chiropractic care to your athletes or sponsoring a team?
If you require any further information about the above conditions, please call our professional Chiropractors at Melville Wellness Centre on 9314 2777, or book your appointment online.
At our clinic we provide many treatments for sports injuries, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Joint Mobilisation and Manipulation
- Soft Tissue Therapy
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Taping / Bracing
- Dry Needling
- Rehabilitative stretches and exercises
Our Chiropractors thoroughly examine each individual patient and their specific condition’s treatment requirements. We provide step-by-step advice to ensure a complete recovery of the patient, and to prevent any future relapses.
Why Choose Us?
- We pride ourselves on providing professional, quality services to help ensure the best possible recovery for our patients
- Easy online booking available
- Appointments from 8:30am- 6pm Monday through Saturday
- HICAPs facilities on-site for instant rebates from your health funds
- Our goal is to minimise your symptoms and provide long-term relief in minimal visits
- No lengthy waits for your appointments
- Fully air-conditioned, modern clinic with easy on-site parking
- We work with a network of GP’s and Specialists, and are happy to refer for further scans or a second opinion if required
- -Friendly caring staff always available to all of our patients