You might be wondering what to expect from your first Chiropractic visit to Melville Wellness Centre.
Your first visit allows our Chiropractors to gain an understanding of your concerns and current state of health, which allows us then to assess the treatments that will work best for you. We will explain our treatment methods in relation to the health issues you are experiencing.
The Initial Consultation
On your first Chiropractic visit you will:
- Complete a form that details your health history and description of the problem that has brought you to our clinic. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow for paperwork.
- Have a discussion with the practitioner about the suitability of our treatment methods to your current health issues and the outlook for your treatment.
- Have an assessment of your physical function which usually includes, when appropriate, full orthopaedic & neurological tests.
In some cases we may need to have x-ray images
taken. We use x-rays to detect distortions in the structure of your skeletal system, or arthritis and other degenerative conditions. X-rays give us a good indication of how long you have had a condition and a guide to the timeframe and intensity of the treatment required. If you need x-rays, they can be taken locally and if you have a medicare card, can be bulk billed.
What Do I Bring?
It’s a good idea to wear comfortable clothes and minimal jewellery to all your visits, not just your first one. It is helpful to bring:
- your health fund card (if you have one)
- any previous x-rays, CT scans or MRI films that you think are relevant
You do not need a referral to see us or to make an appointment.
How Long do Appointments Take?
Because your first chiropractic visit includes a detailed examination and personal health history, you should allow approximately half an hour for the appointment.
Standard follow-up visits typically take up to 15 minutes for Chiropractic. It is important when making your appointment to talk to us about the type of consult you are coming in for. That way we can schedule enough time to treat you and we can meet appointment times as scheduled.
How Many Treatments Will I Need?
The number of treatments you will need depends on:
- your health concerns and the nature of the problem that brought you to us
- your goals for your ongoing health management
Many of our patients begin treatment for a problem involving acute pain and initially come to us for pain relief. But, once they experience regular treatment, they find that ongoing maintenance care addresses a whole range of health issues and prevents further acute injuries from occurring.
Click here to meet our friendly team